Wigs For Kids - Outside Fundraising Programs
Fundraisers are a fun way to raise money for Wigs for Kids. The options are endless, but here are just a few ideas:
- Organize a with a local hair salon.
- Conduct a fundraiser to raise money to purchase an item from our Wish List.
- Collect aluminum cans, recycle them and donate the funds to Wigs for Kids. You will help kids and the environment.
- Organize a Walk-A-Thon, Bike-A-Thon or race.
- Hold a bake sale, rummage sale or ice cream social.
- Participate in our Coin Box Program: ask local retailers/churches/schools to allow you to leave the collection boxes. Collect the coin boxes, count the donations and mail in to Wigs for Kids.
- Ask parents to organize "Dress Down Days" in their offices. For a $5.00 donation you can wear jeans on a Friday.
- Organize a school fundraising activity for a fee: pajama day, chew bubble gum day, etc.
- Work with local hair salons to display Wigs for Kids information.
- Raise $1,800 to support one child with a Hair Replacement System.
We appreciate a personal approach; your fundraiser can fit your style and capabilities. We are available to assist you with the planning, literature or any need you may have.
Wigs for Kids is a private, non-profit organization. We receive no government funding for our operations. We rely on individuals, companies, foundations and groups for our support in order to continue to provide complimentary Hair Replacement Systems and support to our children. Each Hair Replacement System provided to a child is approximately $1,800 and takes 20-30 ponytails.